Dr. B.
Dr. B., Board Certified Veterinarian
Experience:  General practice veterinary surgeon with extensive experience in a wide range of species.
60269376

I gave my 13 year old collie his droncit today, 20 minutes

Hi,I gave my 13 year old collie his droncit today, 20 minutes later he vomited, more to do with what he had been eating in the garden judging by what was in the vomit.It has never affected him like this before. How long before I redose him? And he is due Advocate this week, how long do I leave between the droncit & Advocate? Thanks
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.
We tend to leave a week between the two products. Now if he vomited 20 minutes after and you saw the tablet, then we can redose as early as tomorrow (giving his stomach some time to settle). Otherwise, since the treatments overlap quite a bit (both cover all our roundworm concerns), then you could opt to just treat with the Advocate this month and just re-treat with the Droncit if you see rice grain like tapeworms in his stool.
All the best,
Dr. B.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. *Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need, as this is the only way I receive credit for helping you today. Thank you! : )