Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Veterinarian
Experience:  12 years with dogs, cats, exotic, wildlife and zoo animals, PLEASE rate my service when satisfied.
17018043

My whippet, 15kilos, just ate 2/3's of a small shop bought

My whippet, 15kilos, just ate 2/3's of a small shop bought chocolate cake. He seems ok but should I take him to a vet
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hello!Thank you for your question I'm Dr. Dan and I'll try to help you. I have good news for you generally cake is a small percentage of chocolate and so is far less dangerous than if your whippet ate solid chocolate of the same size. With a dog of this size likely what will happen is some vomiting and diarrhea but this should not last more than 24 hours. If he starts having involuntary muscle tremors or twitches then that is the sign that he needs to see the vet at that time for treatment. I hope this helps, if not please feel free to ask more questions, if it did please leave a rating. Dr. Dan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you that's a relief. I'll keep an eye on him
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome good luck to you both!