Dr Scott Nimmo
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

We have a dwarf himalayan rabbit that is having difficulty

Customer Question

We have a dwarf himalayan rabbit that is having difficulty passing stools. We can see stools that appear compacted and that he is having difficulty passing. He is moving around his hutch, but looks to be in some discomfort and is stretching his legs out behind him as though he is trying to pass these.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.
Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:
How long has Alfie been like this?
Any appetite loss?
Any reduction in thirst?
Is his belly hard, tense or sore?
Does the stool look like it is loose and stuck to his backside?