Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of small animal internal medicine, surgery and preventive medicine.
25161683

My 6 month

Customer Question

Hi, my 6 month old cocker poo seems to be constantly urinating, which is very out of the ordinary. Usually she will only go once when we let her outside, but today when we came back from work she had weed many times inside and each time we let her out she goes constantly. We have no idea what could be the matter
Colin
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am not set up to make a live call. But, I am happy to answer your question on this thread. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice. 1- Any other symptoms?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
None at all, she didn't eat much of her dinner, but otherwise she seems fine. I thought maybe she might be constipated but she has poo'd this evening.
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
Please give me a few minutes to type your answer. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, do you have any advice for me
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay in response. I had some technical problems at this end. In response to your question, the history and symptoms you are describing in your puppy are consistent with a urinary tract infection. You see, the increase in frequency to urinate is because she has an infection that is causing irritation (inflammation) of the urethra (tube connecting bladder to vagina). When the urethra is inflamed it gives the feeling of having to urinate, this is why she is going more frequent; the increase in frequency does not allow the bladder to accumulate enough urine and only produces a small amount of urine every attempt. She will need to be seen by your family veterinarian to start her on oral antibiotics. In the meantime make sure she drinks plenty of water. The flushing action of water helps with the inflammation and infection. Please do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon! Dr. Peter
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much for the advice, I'll arrange to take her to my vet in the morning
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry one more query, have I paid £14 for this consultation as I wished for, as I do not want to be tied into a monthly contract.
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
If you have any questions about cost please contact customer service. I only answer veterinary questions and have nothing to do with charges. There is an icon for customer service at the bottom of the page. I will also send this to customer service for you. Dr. Peter
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
I have sent customer service a message.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Apologies, thanks
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
No problem. You're welcome.
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
.