Dr. B.
Dr. B., Board Certified Veterinarian
Experience:  General practice veterinary surgeon with extensive experience in a wide range of species.
60269376

My dog has hurt hes spine he is arched up and not nothing hes

Customer Question

my dog has hurt hes spine he is arched up and not nothing hes head and shaking as if cold can not get in to see my vet till 2.30 is that two late can he be in pain that long
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian & I would like to help you with your wee one today.
There is no time limit for how long an animal (or us) can be in pain; but its not nice for Nik to be this sore for that long. Therefore, I would suggest ringing his vet again and seeing if you could sit/wait to be seen as soon as possible. You may have a wee wait if they are fully booked, but with him being that sore they could potentially have their nurse assess him as a possible emergency. And if they confirm the pain, then his vet can at the very least start pain relief to keep him comfortably until they can fully assess him. So, that would be our best option (or you could phone other vets to see if they can see him sooner) to get him pain-free as quickly as possible.
Please take care,
Dr. B.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is the only way I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! : )