Dr Scott Nimmo
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

I have a fox red lab

Customer Question

Hello I have a fox red lab male aged 5 yrs does lots of running very fit , we have just noticed a swelling on the lhs of skull toward back parallel with his front of ear.
About 1inch in diameter very firm no redness itching or pain or hair loss
He had a tick bite further to the front of his head successfully removed several weeks ago he has had advantix just worried any ideas?
Expert:  Dr. Kara replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** and I have over 20 years of experience as a veterinarian.I can understand that you are concerned about a firm, 1 inch in diameter swelling on his head, near the front base of his ear.I understand that the area is neither red, nor seemingly itchy and with no sign of hair loss. Does the swelling involve only the skin, or tissue under the skin as well, or only tissue under the skin (the skin moves freely over the swelling)?Is the swelling freely moveable in general or does it seem firmly attached?Is it painful with pressure?Can you post a picture (the paperclip icon on the toolbar at the top of the textbox lets you upload a picture here from your computer)?
Expert:  Dr. Kara replied 1 year ago.
Do you still need help for your fellow? I received a notice you had replied, but I don't see anything written here. Please let me know if you still need help, thanks, ***** *****