Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.
55012488

Hair loss with round raised red spots

Customer Question

Hair loss with round raised red spots
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.
Can you tell me, please, which type of pet is experiencing the hair loss with round raised red spots? Can you upload a photo(s) of representative skin to our conversation? You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see the icon) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/ Round skin lesions on dogs usually represent epidermal collarettes - roughly round skin lesions which heal from the inside out; in other words the center quiets down and often hyperpigments while the rim of the collarette remains actively red and inflamed. A pyoderma - bacterial skin infection - is the most common cause of epidermal collarettes.I can be more accurate for you once I can see what you're seeing. Please respond with the additional information and further questions or concerns if you wish.