Dr. Susan
Dr. Susan, Veterinarian
Experience:  8 years of clinical experience with specialty in veterinary pain management, urology, and geriatrics
25524280

I'm currently looking after my friends 6 month old dog

Hi, I'm currently looking after my friends 6 month old dog = cross between a highland terrier and an English Springer-Spaniel. He has been yelping and barking in distress all day and licking his testicles . He is very distressed. I've owned a various breed of dog but never seen this before
Expert:  Dr. Susan replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I can help you with your question today.
Expert:  Dr. Susan replied 1 year ago.
Based on your description, I'm worried about the possibility of a testicular torsion. This is extremely painful, and it is an emergency.
Expert:  Dr. Susan replied 1 year ago.
I highly recommend having him evaluated at an emergency hospital right away. If they do confirm a torsion, he will need surgery.
Expert:  Dr. Susan replied 1 year ago.
Oh dear, I'm sorry I just saw that you are in the UK. I cannot call internationally. Would you like to continue in this forum, or would you like to me to open the question to other experts?