Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297

I HAVE A MALE SIBERIAN HUSKY, HE AS NOT EATEN DAY,

I HAVE A MALE SIBERIAN HUSKY, HE AS NOT EATEN FOR SIX DAY, HE AS CATARRH DRIPPING FROM HIS MOUTH 24 HRS ADAY, NOW I FOUND A LARGE LUMP UNDER HIS JAW WHICH MUST BE HURTING HIM AS HES BEEN SCRATCHING IT SO MUCH HES MADE IT BLEED
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question. You did not say how old your guy is but if he is older, there is a good chance that he has either an abscess or tumor inside his mouth that is causing this dripping from his mouth and this lump under his chin. Since he scratches at this area and only blod is coming form this area, this may also be a tumor. It is extremely important that you have your vet perform a thorough oral exam on your guy searching for masses inside the mouth and perhaps tap this mass under his chin and biopsy this area if it is seen as not an abscess but something hard such as a tumor. This may be a benign tumor but it can cause your guy severe pain until it can be removed. Any mass inside his mouth will be biopsied to know for sure if these are benign or cancerous. Does that make sense to you? Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you. Sincerely, ***** *****
Thank you so much for your kind rating and generous bonus. It is very much appreciated! Even though you have rated, we can still communicate. If you have other questions, please Reply. I am always happy to help. I hope your guy feels better soon! Have a wonderful day!