Dr Scott Nimmo
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

My hamster has two scab like looking marks on either side of

Customer Question

my hamster has two scab like looking marks on either side of her nostrils what could it be? i know she loves biting the bars and im worried she has bruised herself
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today. How long have these been present?Any sneezing or nasal discharge?Has she been grooming more or appearing itchy?Can you take a photo of these? If you can do so and post them online, it will let me see what you are seeing. To post them, you can either use the paper clip on the tool bar. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, then you can post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web address here for me to have a peek