Dr Scott Nimmo
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

My bearded dragon isn't eating. Fresh food is offered every

Customer Question

My bearded dragon isn't eating. Fresh food is offered every day. His basking area temperature is 100 degrees and the cool are around 70 - 80 degrees.
I have been using tap watet for misting and drinking which is always left out for the chlorine to evaporate. Do you think a dechlorinator is necessary?
Do you think my beardie could have a parasite? His faeces are produced less due to lack of eating, it's still formed as before but a bit pailer and jelly like.
Your advice would be greatly recieved
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.
Hello,My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ year with special interest in reptiles and reptile rescue.Can you tell me about the set up?Substrate?Supplements?Diet Prey/Veggies?UVB bulb, how old, linear tube or compact coil, strength and brand?Basking bulb?Have you had a fecal done?Joan