Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.
55012488

One of our pups died at 7months old. In the morning it was

one of our pups died at 7months old.
In the morning it was fine but became unwell during the afternoon.
We took it to the vet where it was xrayed the vet said there was blood in the lungs and fluid
on the heart it died shortly afterwards,can you tell me what could have happened
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.
My condolences for your loss of Sally. Such bleeding suggests significant trauma, poisoning by an anticoagulant rodenticide or thrombocytopenia (decreased blood platelets) which can be idiopathic (unknown cause), immune-mediated, or secondary to tick-borne infections. Do you know if bleeding were seen anywhere else on Sally?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no other bleeding the vet did say that the x ray looked like the dog had been in a accident which it had not been
Thank you for the additional information. Was there access to an anticoagulant rodenticide?
Thank you for your kind accept. I appreciate it. You may receive an inappropriate follow-up from the site ostensibly sent by me. It wasn't and I apologize in advance should you receive it.