Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of small animal internal medicine, surgery and preventive medicine.
25161683

My puppy has been ill she had watery poo yesterday was fine

My puppy has been ill she had watery poo yesterday was fine n tonight she has vomited tonight and there were worms init she was wormed last Friday by my vet they gave her avicate she is a border collie will this be affecting her she is her normal self just not eating
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am not set up to make a live call. But, I am happy to answer your question on this thread. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice. 1- Did the worms look like spaghetti?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it looked like a real thin worm it was small
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
Friend, the worms you saw are roundworms. This can explain the loose stool and the vomiting. Your puppy will need to be dewormed, I would have her rechecked by family veterinarian, they will give you a dewormer called pyrantel (strongid), this will eliminate the worms. In the meantime change her diet to rice and boiled boneless chicken until the stool is back to normal. Do not give over the counter anti diarrhea medication. Please do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks you I will ring them first thing in the morning ☺
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome. :)