Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of small animal internal medicine, surgery and preventive medicine.
25161683

My dog is panting hard one minute then shivering the next should

My dog is panting hard one minute then shivering the next should I be worried?
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am not set up to make a live call. But, I am happy to answer your question on this thread. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice. 1- How long has this been going on? 2- Any vomiting, diarrhea or coughing? 3- Any pre existing medical conditions? 4- Is she walking any different? 5- Any other symptoms?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1 just about an hour
2 no
3 none
4 no
5 no
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
Friend, can you give me an update since you posted the question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She's fine this morning and appears back to her normal self
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
Friend, panting and shivering could be a sign of: Pain, a fever, stress, etc. to name a few causes. If she is back to normal I would keep an eye on her. If she goes back to panting and shivering without any other symptoms I would have her checked by family veterinarian for a hands on examination to determine which of the above is the exact underlying cause. Treatment will be based on exam and test results. Please do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!