Dr Scott Nimmo
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

My daughter has taken a feral cat ,with a bad cut to its chest,the

Customer Question

my daughter has taken a feral cat ,with a bad cut to its chest,the vet wants to keep it overnight and estimated the cost at £260.I can ill afford this amount,I am 84,on a frugal pension.
Expert:  Dr. Deb replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Dr. Deb and will do my best to help you today. I'm sorry for this concern for Nipper and the amount of money quoted for an overnight stay at the hospital. I do have a few additional questions to ask about her first if you don't mind: 1. Do you know if the vet planned to suture Nipper's cut?2. Did they explain why they thought is necessary to keep her overnight?3. Will you or your daughter be able to treat Nipper at home? There may be a slight delay after I receive your answers since I have to type up a response to you. Thanks for your patience. Deb
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you ,I must contact my daughter.
regards,
Derek.
Expert:  Dr. Deb replied 1 year ago.
Derek,No problem. Just let me know if you still need assistance about Nipper's injuries. Deb
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She's home now,didn't need to stay over,thank you for your concern.
Derek.
Expert:  Dr. Deb replied 1 year ago.
Derek: Thanks for taking the time to send me an update and thank goodness Nipper didn't have to stay overnight. If you need any advice about at home care, just let me know. Best of luck with her. Regards, Deb