Dr. Deb
Dr. Deb, Veterinarian
Experience:  I have been a practicing veterinarian for over 30 years.
60411192

My dog has a black coloured like blister on one his front legs

Customer Question

My dog has a black coloured like blister on one his front legs it seems to have a little bigger it feels leatheri could it be a tick
Expert:  Dr. Deb replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Dr. Deb and will do my best to help you today. I'm sorry for this concern for Denver.If you've gently tried to remove what you're seeing from his leg with constant pressure and it doesn't budge, then what you've found isn't likely to be a tick although many small warts and skin tags can certainly resemble them. It might be helpful if you could send me a picture; the following link walks you through the process: http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert Many older dogs develop lumps and bumps as they age and fortunately, most of them are benign and are no concern at all. They bother us more than they bother the dogs, in most cases. They rarely cause pain unless they become invasive and affect nerves/muscle. It is often not possible to determine what a lump or bump might be based on feel or visualization alone unless it's a wart or skin tag...these have a very specific appearance. Usually cells need to be aspirated and examined under a microscope or sent off to a pathologist for review.And, when it comes to treatment options, we are somewhat limited....we either monitor them, freeze them off if small enough, or surgically remove them. I'd be happy to view a picture and assess what you've found; I might be able to narrow down the list a bit. I hope this helps. Deb