Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297

I got a british bulldog who is 9 months old that will not eat

I got a british bulldog who is 9 months old that will not eat very well and he's back leg gives way now and it is upsetting me he has had blood test recently which came back all clear thankyou
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question. It may be that the pain that Butch feels from the leg issue is causing this anorexia or lack of appetite. It is important, especially since Butch is young, that xrays be done since hip dysplasia and other orthopedic issues can be hereditary. For now, as long as you can get Butch to eat something, give him aspirin at 5 mg per pound every 12 hrs until you can see your vet. It is likely that his lack of appetite is due to pain. If Butch starts vomiting and diarrhea, then the digestive isue may be more serious and require further testing but I doubt this because of Butch's young age. Does that make sense to you? Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you. Sincerely, ***** *****
Thank you so much for your kind rating. It is very much appreciated! Even though you have rated, we can still communicate. If you have other questions, please Reply. I am always happy to help. I hope your sweet Butch feels better soon! Have a wonderful day!