Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297

My stupid sister just squirted her inhaler in my ***** *****'s

Customer Question

My stupid sister just squirted her inhaler in my ***** *****'s face will this be harmful
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.
Good Afternoon and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question. Most inhalers contain medications called beta agonists that cause the muscles of the airways to open or corticosteroids. These medications, since it is only one mild dose, will not harm Polly. Close inhalation or long term use will not be good for Polly but what your sister did with one dose is not harmful....sweet Polly will do fine. Does that make sense to you?Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you. Sincerely, ***** *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes thank you wanted to check as I know they can be poisonous. Thank you for easing my mind.
NO worries...happy to help. If I did not know better, I would have been worried about Polly too. You did great for your sweet Polly!