Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.
55012488

My cat appeared not well with diffficulty walking and jumping

My cat appeared not well with diffficulty walking and jumping and not eating much. Took her to vets and had blood tests done which showed billirubin high and platelets low. Because further tests are beyond me financially she was prescribed Samylin to see if this helped. However can not get my cat to touch it and she mainly eats cat biscuits. I have ordered a natural liver and detox supplement in capsule form as I think I can give this easier, however I am wondering if her main problem is arthritis as symptoms fit. So I'm thinking of ordering hyaflex too, but will liver detox conteract with this?
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.
To answer you directly, no, there's no drug interaction between the liver and joint supplements. Baby may, indeed, be arthritic and the joint supplemment helpful but an elevated bilirubin is enough to cause her inappetence. Can you upload a copy of Baby's test results to our conversation? I understand that you might not have a copy at home but Baby's vet can give you one which you can scan into your computer and then give me file link or you can photograph the pages and upload them by using the paperclip icon above your message box (if you can see the icon) or by using an external app such as dropbox.com/
Thank you for your kind accept. I appreciate it. I can't set a follow-up in this venue so please return to our conversation - even after rating - with an update at your convenience.