Dr. B.
Dr. B., Board Certified Veterinarian
Experience:  General practice veterinary surgeon with extensive experience in a wide range of species.
60269376

I'm in UK -can you tell me, is Advocate spot on (imidacloprid/moxidectin)

Hi. I'm in UK -can you tell me, is Advocate spot on (imidacloprid/moxidectin) safe for a dog with a heart murmur (currently grade 3) that may have got a bit worse this last week or so?
I've been using it on him monthly, for a year or more (given by my vet) with no problems, but right now we're waiting on some blood results to see if his heart may have gotten a bit worse, as he's suddenly lacking in energy (-doesnt want to walk or run..)
-And I'm now panicking whether I should have applied the Advocate or not (I applied it about 30 mins ago), and whether it could be harmful to him if his heart has got a bit worse?
(We have high risk of lungworm here (southern England) that's why it's important his Advocate application isn't overdue)
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today. You are quite correct that lungworm is an increasing problem for much of our country these days. In regards ***** ***** question, Advocate has no effects on the heart and wouldn't cause any harm here. If anything, it can cause GI upset, skin irritation and short term lethargy. But again there is no reason to be worried that it will affect his heart and its good that you have him protected from lungworm. Please take care,Dr. B. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Please rate my service afterwards, as this is the only way I am credited for helping you today. Thank you! : )
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you soooo much Dr B! What a relief!

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
You are very welcome, my dear. :)Best wishes with the pending blood results & his wee heart,Dr. B.-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Please rate my service afterwards, as this is the only way I am credited for helping you today. Thank you! : )