Dr Scott Nimmo
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

My cat is itching since 2 years and no vet found the reason. Today

Customer Question

My cat is itching since 2 years and no vet found the reason.
Today I found a half an inch large larve looking darkish soft thing. It has some cat hair on it and I found hair in the same area on the carpet.
He is screeching himself and has scabs:
under the chin
on the neck
front of his ears
he is biting himself: foot, middle of his back.
sometimes he jumps up, miau s and shakes his head.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today. Are you seeing any holes in his skin where this larvae may have erupted from?What treatments did vets try before?Is he being treated monthly with a good quality flea product (to just rule them out)? What brand?Can you take a photo of this larva for me? If you can and post them, it will let me see what you are seeing. To post them online, you can use the paper clip icon above your text box. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, just post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web link here for me follow