Dr Scott Nimmo
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

Large. Proportion of fish in pond hangong in corners and sides

Customer Question

Large. Proportion of fish in pond hangong in corners and sides of pond and not feeding. Some on sides. One fish dead this morning with brown losing fungus or abrasions around head
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have this morning treated for sea sites with mixture of formalin and malachite green but no positive results
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  Anna replied 1 year ago.
Hello,I apologize that no one has responded to your question sooner. Different experts come online at various times. I just came online and saw your question. My name is ***** ***** I’m a biologist with a special interest in fish. I'm sorry to hear of this problem. Some additional information will be useful. What kind of fish do you have - koi, goldfish, sturgeon, etc.? Have you tested the water? If so, what numbers did you get in parts per million (ppm) for ammonia and nitrites? If you haven't yet tested, that is the first important thing to do. Use a test kit that has test tubes and chemicals you add to water samples. The paper strips that you just dip in the water are not very accurate. Let me know your results as soon as possible. Is your pond fairly new or has it been established for awhile? Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Anna
We have Koi fish, I need to test the water, i'll do it today
Expert:  Anna replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Thank you for getting back to me. I'll watch for your test results.