Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of small animal internal medicine, surgery and preventive medicine.
25161683

Hu my cat is very lathargic and hasnt eaten last few

Hu my cat is very lathargic and hasnt eaten for the last few days on wednesday shr was sick and brought up a fur ball
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
Welcome! Thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will be assisting you today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice. 1- Is she strictly indoors? 2- Any pre existing medical conditions? 3- How long has it been since she was sick? 4- Can you take a look at her gums and see if they are pink or pale? 5- Can you take her rectal temperature?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She does go out but only normally in the garden. She has always been healthly she was sick on wednesday she brought up a fur ball and a little bit of food. Ive looked at her gums and they all look normal and her teeth. Look fine no inflamation at all and her temp is normal.
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
Please give me a few minutes to type your answer. Thank you.
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
Friend, lethargy and decrease appetite are very non-specific symptoms and can be related to many different medical conditions that affect cats. It will be difficult for me to determine the exact underlying cause without a hands on examination and some testing. But, possible causes could be: Anemia, infections, ingestion of a foreign body, kidney or liver disease, etc. to name a few causes. In cats as a species we also need to be concern about developing liver disease (fatty liver) when off food regardless of the underlying cause. In this case, your cat will need a hands on examination by a veterinarian, blood work (chemistry profile & CBC) and urinalysis as initial screening test to determine the exact underlying cause. Treatment will be based on clinical and diagnostic findings. In the meantime, try force feeding her small amount of boiled boneless chicken or ground beef with boiled rice; if possible blend the food and force feed her with a dropper or turkey baster. My goal is to provide you with excellent service - I hope I've provided the information you were seeking, if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thankyou i will try that hopefully she is just having a bad couple if days but i will try what you said first thankyou for your help.