Dr. B.
Dr. B., Board Certified Veterinarian
Experience:  General practice veterinary surgeon with extensive experience in a wide range of species.
60269376

Our hedgehog has been out eating what was put out ( dog food)

Our hedgehog has been out eating what was put out ( dog food) but the last few nights there is no sign of him. Has he gone back to hibernate as it's gone so cold again at night ?
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today. We would not expect him to have gone back to full hibernation with the lapse in warm weather; though he'd likely retreat from the cooler temperatures. So, if you know where he tends to hibernate, you can move food (dog or non-fish cat food) near that area in case he is sheltering from the chill. Or if you do not, then you could put small portions of food around the yard to just make foraging easier (and give you a hint where he is and if all is well). Please take care,Dr. B. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Afterwards, I would be grateful if you would rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )