Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.
55012488

My hen seems to have acquired a bulging eye what can i do for

my hen seems to have acquired a bulging eye what can i do for it
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. We don't have many avian vets on this site. I need to distinguish between an eye that has enlarged due to increased intraocular pressure (glaucoma) from an eye that is exophthalmic - bulging out from the orbit because it's being pushed out by swelling of tissues behind the eye (tumor, infection) or pus within the infraorbital sinus which is intimately connected to the eye. Finally, I need to consider the tissues of the eye - the cornea (clear window of the eye) which may be bulging if damaged or the conjunctiva may be damaged or infected.Can you upload a close up photo(s) to our conversation? You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see the icon) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/ I can be more accurate for you if I can see what you're seeing.
Thank you for your kind accept. I appreciate it. I hope to hear from you soon.