Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297

Dog has conjunctivitis need to get some ointment

Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question. Unfortunately, an antibiotic ointment is only by prescription that can come from your vet. Since you do not know for sure what is going on in Dozer's eyes., it is best to apply a few drops of Artificial Tears, available over the conter at the pharmacy, every 4-6 hrs. This will flush out any irritants or bacteria that may be causing Dozer's didtress. If this is not enough, have your vet examine Dozer's eyes to be sure we did not miss something that would require a prescription medication. Does that make sense to you? Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you. Sincerely, ***** *****
Thank you so much for your kind rating. It is very much appreciated! Even though you have rated, we can still communicate. If you have other questions, please Reply. I am always happy to help. I hope your sweet Dozer's eyes will feel better soon! Have a wonderful day!