Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of small animal internal medicine, surgery and preventive medicine.
25161683

My dog has vomited within 10 mins of taking drontal, comfortis

Customer Question

My dog has vomited within 10 mins of taking drontal, comfortis and milbemax wormers. We have tried with and without food but no difference.
Is there anything else I can give her or in fact a natural solution to try please?
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
Welcome! Thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will be assisting you today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice. 1- Do you know the name of the parasites you are trying to treat against?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
General protection from worms
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I live on the edge of Salisbury plain where she can pick all sorts up without me seeing sometimes
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
Friend, you can try using Panacur (fenbendazole), give it once a day with food for 3 days. Another option is giving Pyrantel (strongid), the better option is panacur, will treat against most of the common intestinal parasites that affect dogs. You can buy panacur online (amazon.com), some pet stores or vet's office. My goal is to provide you with excellent service - I hope I've provided the information you were seeking, if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks I will address these to my vets tomorrow to see her response as she has been dismissive of this issue and then go online shopping probably
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does this advice go to my email address to so I don't lose it?
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
It will remain open even after you rate me unless you close it. I am uncertain if it is sent to your email, I am sorry. You can also paste it then enter it in a email and send it to yourself. Please reply if you have additional questions. Dr. Peter
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
By the way your system does send an email automatically thanks it's just landed in my inbox! FYI
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
Oh thank you for letting me know, fantastic!