Dr. B.
Dr. B., Board Certified Veterinarian
Experience:  General practice veterinary surgeon with extensive experience in a wide range of species.
60269376

My dog sat in some diamethron put down and now

Customer Question

My dog sat in some diamethron put down for silverfish and now has a small patch of red skin on her hip which she licks form time to time.She is not distressed by it ,but am wondering what to put on it to encourage healing
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today. In regards ***** ***** question, if the skin is red and inflamed we will want to start some topical supportive care. To start, if you haven’t already, this area needs to be thoroughly washed. Afterwards, instead of Vaseline, we’d want to use an OTC hydrocortisone cream to soothe the skin and reduce inflammation. And since we don’t want her licking this off nor licking the area (since bacterial filled saliva on inflamed skin can lead to infection), we’d want to either put a pair of shorts on her (boxers can be turned backwards to have a hole for the tail) or plan to use an ecollar for the short term to block her access and give this a chance to settle. Please take care,Dr. B.-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Afterwards, I would be grateful if you would rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
How is everything going with your wee one?Dr. B.