Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297

A good friend of mine has a Labrador / Springer cross who is

A good friend of mine has a Labrador / Springer cross who is seven years old and he has sadly been diagnosed with a malignant tumour near to his heart. It cannot be operated on and he has been given only two months to live.
Is there any treatment that you can advise that may help.
Many thanks, ***** *****
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning David and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question. I am so sorry to hear about your friends dog's condition. I know this is really terrible and hard to take when you love them so much. The only thing that your friend can do for Max at this point is to keep him as comfortable as possible. Your friends vet will prescribe pain killers such as TRamadol and anti inflammatory medications such as Rimadyl or may start Max on high doses of steroids which may slow down the growth of this mass and stronger pain relievers such as Fentanyl patches when precious max is in a great deal of pain. I know, David, that your friend would love to do more than this but the situation appears grave and giving Max a good quality of life during these last days is very important. Does that make sense to you? Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you. Sincerely, ***** *****
Thank you so much, David, for your kind rating. It is very much appreciated! Even though you have rated, we can still communicate. If you have other questions, please Reply. I am always happy to help. I hope this will help sweet Max through this terrible ordeal! Have a wonderful day!