Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297

I brought my 11 week old sproodle home last Saturday. I have

I brought my 11 week old sproodle home last Saturday. I have changed her food gradually over the week she now has dioreaha and I can see mucus and blood in her stools. It is Sunday and can't speak to my vet is it to late to change her food back to what the breeder gave her, she was on Royal Canin and I have put her on Lilly,s kitchen
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question. It appears that your little one has a digestive disturbance caused by the food change or a worm load. The first thing to do is be sure that your gal has been wormed recently with a good wormer. If she has not, give her Panacur that can be purchased at the pet store since diarrhea is the first sign of parasites. Then fast her for 12 hrs to allow her digestive tract to calm down and at the same time, give her Pepcid AC or Famotidine, available over the counter at the chemist at 0.5 mg per pound of her weight every 8 hrs. After the fast, feed her a small meal of rice and boiled chicken until the stool is normal. If this does not help, take her to your vet for an exam but in most cases, this treatment is effective. Does that make sense to you? Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you. Sincerely, ***** *****
Thank you so much for your kind rating. It is very much appreciated! Even though you have rated, we can still communicate. If you have other questions, please Reply. I am always happy to help. I hope your little gal feels better soon! Have a wonderful day!