Anna, Teacher, writer, biologist
Experience:  Great research skills, variety of work experiences, teaching experience.
6012901

We found one dead fish in the pond 2 days ago but with no

Customer Question

We found one dead fish in the pond 2 days ago but with no obvious signs of what killed it. Now I have one fish with a completely white eye, several gathering together at the top of the pond under a leaf and not moving much, a few swimming at the bottom of the pond and not coming up much and almost all of them are listless and very uninterested in food. We had the water tested and were told that it was 'ok' and we are adding salt at the moment but it doesn't seem to be helping them. Please can you help - we hate to see them suffering. many thanks Christabel
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello Christabel
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Anna replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome. I apologize that no one responded to you sooner. Different experts come online at various times. I just logged on and saw your question. My name is ***** ***** I'm a biologist with a special interest in fish. I'm sorry to hear of this problem. Some additional information will help me determine the best steps for you to take.What kind of fish do you have - koi, goldfish, etc. ?When you had the water tested, was it with a paper strip that was dipped in the water?Did you have any heavy rainfall just prior to the problem developing?Is your pond fairly new, or well-established?What is the water temperature?If you are asked to rate my service, please don't do that just yet since we are only beginning. Thank you.