Dr. B.
Dr. B., Board Certified Veterinarian
Experience:  General practice veterinary surgeon with extensive experience in a wide range of species.
60269376

My 3 years old, siamese cat went missing weeks. I found her

My 3 years old, siamese cat went missing for 3 weeks. I found her on Monday afternoon, super skinny and her voice was crackes as if she gas been meowing none stop.
I took her to the vet and he said she was ok, no dehydration nor parasites. He gave her a pill for deworming and a solution in case parasites would grow.
She eats well and drinks. She does not play like before but she moves around and jumps on Windows.
On Friday, after 4 days, she completely lost her voice. She still purr a bit not as loud as before.
Should I be concerned?! I don't want to put her through another vet visit if not necessary.
Thanks for your help
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

Has she had any sneezing, coughing, or retching?

Any changes in her breathing since she lost her voice?

Any nasal or eye discharge?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She doesn't sneez, cough and there's no retching.
She getd watery eye after waking up but it's not a heavy discharge and there's no nasal discharge.
She doesn't seem to have a cold. I also touched her neck to see if there are any bumps but her larynx seems ok. Although I am no expert on what is normal for a cat.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Good,

On its own, we'd not be overly concerned about voice loss for Mocha. Most often this is temporary and something we see with mild flare-ups of the feline herpes virus (which often arises when they have had a recent stress/toll taken on their body). So, as long as we don't have any other signs of flu or changes in breathing, we'd just want to monitor. Herpes can take 1-2 weeks to settle (the time it takes for the immune system to subdue it), but again they do tend to regain their voices without bother.

Please take care,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond.

**Afterwards, I would be grateful if you would rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. It's the worst for a talkative cat like a Siamese
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

You are very welcome,

It will be very noticeable in a breed that has so much to say. :) Still, her voice will return and Mocha is a very lucky lady to be home safe & sound here.

Best wishes,

Dr. B.