Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.
55012488

Our dog has just eaten a small amount of chocolate cake. I

hi, our dog has just eaten a small amount of chocolate cake. I caught him in the act and he had no more than a mouthful. He seems to be ok, should we be worried? He weighs around 20kg
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

Don't give it a second thought. There isn't nearly the amount of theobromine in the chocolate in one bite to intoxicate a 20 kg dog. To give you an example, a 20 kg dog would need to ingest 15 ounces of pure dark chocolate to intoxicate himself. There's no need to induce emesis or treat in any manner. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for putting our minds at rest, have a good night

You're quite welcome. Thank you for your kind accept. I appreciate it.

You may receive an inappropriate follow-up from the site ostensibly sent by me. It wasn't and I apologize in advance should you receive it.