Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of small animal internal medicine, surgery and preventive medicine.
25161683

I have a 12 1/2 year old border collie , we took her to the

Good morning,
I have a 12 1/2 year old border collie bitch, we took her to the vet about 2 months ago as she had a nasty tick infection. whilst there she had blood tests which showed very high liver readings. She went back for all day blood tests plus steroid injection, it did seem like cushings but all tests came back clear apart from the liver readings which are still high. Vet said bring her back for more tests in 2 months. Smyptons are panting, over drinking and eating little incontinence and of course the high liver readings. AST was normal. Dog has not had a liver scan or biosphy.
Medication are flexi joint tablets which she has been on for years, prescribed tablets [incurin ] recently for incontinence and a seresto tick collar. In all other respects she is in very good condition for her age and still does agility. Any ideas please
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Welcome! Thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will be assisting you today.

Friend, though elevated liver enzymes and increase water consumption can be seen with cushing's disease this can also occur with: Tumors (primary within the liver or secondary), hepatitis, infections, etc. to name a few causes. If she the cushing's test was negative the next step is discussing with your vet about doing an abdominal ultrasound to take a closer look at the liver and all abdominal organs. If possible they can also do a liver biopsy.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service - I hope I've provided the information you were seeking, if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** the tablets etc that I mentioned are not contributing to the problem and do you think 2 months is too long to wait to have ultrasound done. Thank you.
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

No friend, the symptoms you are describing are not the result of the meds you mentioned.

You're welcome.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** think 2 months is too long before the ultra sound.
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

If this was my dog I would try to get it done as soon as possible, I would not wait 2 months.

You're welcome.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome. :)