Dr. B.
Dr. B., Board Certified Veterinarian
Experience:  General practice veterinary surgeon with extensive experience in a wide range of species.
60269376

My cat regularly jumps up at window to get in house about 20

My cat regularly jumps up at window to get in house about 20 mins ago she done the same except this time I opened the window she was opposite side of window so I closed it so she could got up onto ledge but this time I caught her paw which was squashed at opposite side of window and she started making low tone noises like when they meet another cat n just about to fight screaming noises I ran outside she was hanging onto window ledge with paw caught at the Window side where it doesn't open but have a gap when u open window luckily I didn't fully close the window but when I got her off the window which wasn't fully closed so I managed to open window to bring her down I took her inside she limped and wasn't really putting weight on her paw but now she seems bright eyed she has eaten n cleaning herself, should I take her to vet to be checked? All the signs are telling me she is fine she is letting me touch her paw n look at it no problem. I got more upset than she did I think, I'm just not sure what to do as she seems fine!
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

Poor Daisy!

First, if she did get it caught her reaction/vocalization isn't unexpected (we'd do the same). Now I am glad to hear that she is comfortable in herself but if she is limping and sore, it'd be ideal to have her seen. Especially as cats a prey species and will pretend all is well if they can do so (so we only get clear pain signs when they are extremely sore). That way her vet can start kitty safe pain relief (ie Metacam) to just offset the soft tissue swelling and bruising that she will likely have in the next few days. As well, they can just make sure that she doesn't have any possible hairline fractures or damage to the rest of the leg from hanging (both of these are less likely from what you have described).

Overall, considering the situation, it sounds like she has bruising and soft tissue inflammation with this paw. Still if she is limping on it (even if otherwise herself), it'd be ideal to have her vet check this so that kitty safe pain relief can be provided to keep her comfortable.

Please take care,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond.

**Afterwards, I would be grateful if you would rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )