Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of small animal internal medicine, surgery and preventive medicine.
25161683

My cat had sickness now diarrhoea She has appointment on

My cat had sickness now diarrhoea
She has appointment on Friday
Eating and drinking fine
Playing but I'm worried
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Welcome! Thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will be assisting you today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Any other symptoms besides diarrhea?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She was sick for 2 mornings but that has subsided
Overall she is completely herself
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

1- Is she strictly indoors?

2- Any pre existing medical conditions?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Diarrhoea followed they haven't been together
She eats a lot of flies though
She goes on our balcony but doesn't mix with others or grass or anything
She had an allergy early on in life that resulted in a skin condition that seems to have gone
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Please give me a few minutes to type your answer. Thank you.

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Friend diarrhea can be caused by many different medical conditions. It will be difficult for me to determine the exact underlying cause without a hands on examination and some testing. But, common causes are: Dietary indiscretion, ingestion of a foreign body, infections, etc. to name a few causes. This is what you can do:

1- Do not give things like Pepto Bismol or imodium.

2- No food or water for 8-12 hours, need to give her gastrointestinal tract time to rest. Then, offer small amount of water followed by a diet of rice (50%) and boiled boneless chicken or ground beef (50%) until the stool is back to normal then wean her back into her regular diet.

3- Supplement with a probiotic, these are friendly bacteria that help with regularity. You can buy this over the counter in any pet store.

4- Follow up with your family veterinarian for a hands on examination.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service - I hope I've provided the information you were seeking, if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
For your help
I will do
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome. :)