Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of small animal internal medicine, surgery and preventive medicine.
25161683

A cavachon 7.7kg female just swallowed a trainer sock what

Customer Question

a cavachon 7.7kg female just swallowed a trainer sock what woud you advise
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Welcome! Thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will be assisting you today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- How long has it been since she swallowed it?

2- Do you have hydrogen peroxide 3%?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
15minutesno to hydrogen peroxide
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Please give me a few minutes to type your answer. Thank you.

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Friend, as you may already know the concern with the ingestion of a sock is the possibility of an obstruction. I would move quickly and get her to the nearest veterinarian and they can induce vomiting to get the sock out of the stomach before it goes into the intestinal tract.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service - I hope I've provided the information you were seeking, if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done.