Dr Scott Nimmo
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

I de wormed my dog last Saturday morning and she's been sick

Customer Question

I de wormed my dog last Saturday morning and she's been sick ever since she's lost her bowels now and she's having trouble breathing what can I do to make her comfortable?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also she has been drooling slightly and it smells a bit . She has the shakes also. Doesn't eat but has tried to consume water which she can keep down in little bits
Expert:  Doc Sara replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, I'm Dr. Sara. I'm a licensed veterinarian in the US who works exclusively with dogs and cats. I'm sorry to hear that Chanel hasn't been feeling well - I'll do my best to help.

What was it that she was doing that made you deworm her? In other words - was she sick or off at all before getting the deworming? When you say she's lost her bowels, do you mean that she's got diarrhea?

Thanks and I'll await your reply.

~Dr. Sara

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I put spot on her and when I looked that up it said you should de worm her to before I de wormed her she was absolutely fine, and as soon as the tablet was consumed by her she started to get ill, and yes I mean she's got diaharra and isn't always able to make it on a dog pad or go outside. She's breathing ok this morning now but she drank some water and was still a little sick .