Dr. B.
Dr. B., Board Certified Veterinarian
Experience:  General practice veterinary surgeon with extensive experience in a wide range of species.
60269376

Is Metacam oral susp, ok to give a suspected flu in budgie

Customer Question

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

In regards ***** ***** question, Metacam could be used as a treatment alongside an antibiotic for the treatment of suspected flu (at a proper dose for your wee one's weight, of course). It wouldn't be used alone since it is just an anti-inflammatory but it can reduce airway inflammation, reduce fever, and help them feel better as we treat the infection suspected.

Please take care,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Afterwards, I would be grateful if you rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help. In regards ***** ***** question, Metacam could be used as a treatment alongside an antibiotic for the treatment of suspected flu (at a proper dose for your wee one's weight, of course). It wouldn't be used alone since it is just an anti-inflammatory but it can reduce airway inflammation, reduce fever, and help them feel better as we treat the infection suspected.Please take care,Dr. B.-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Afterwards, I would be grateful if you rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )