Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297

My cat has thyroid problems.Is on 5mg of feliminole daily

Customer Question

My cat has thyroid problems.Is on 5mg of feliminole daily but has stopped eating for the last 4 days.So I cannot administer the tablet.What to Do?
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

I worry that your guy has stopped eating even on the medication so there may be other problems associated with this disease such as heart disease that would cause this so it is very important that you have your sweet guy checked by your vet as soon as possible. For now, however, you can crush the pill and dissolve this in warm water and use a syringe or dropper to give your guy his medication. Wrap him in a towel and put this in his mouth on the side and drip it in so he drinks this. It is an easy way to get a pill down him.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I will try this.

Good for you...all you can do is try...Let me know if you succeed and if your guys is feeling better.