Dr. B.
Dr. B., Board Certified Veterinarian
Experience:  General practice veterinary surgeon with extensive experience in a wide range of species.
60269376

What do i do when i accidentally use cats frontline on my

Customer Question

What do i do when i accidentally use cats frontline on my dog
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

Good news!

Most dogs will tolerate feline flea products just fine since they are lower dosed then dog ones. As well, the chemical in Frontline is the same for dogs and cats. So, as long as Tambo is a similar size to the cat, we'd not be worried. Though if did just apply this and Tambo is much smaller then the cat, you could consider washing it off the skin/coat with cool water and dish soap (as this breaks down the oils) to remove as much as possible for her.

Please take care,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Afterwards, I would be grateful if you rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i dont have to worry since she is 11kg and a little bigger than my cat thank you so much i was panicking.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

You are very welcome and if she is a bit bigger, then that is no worry at all. Just plan to skip her dose for at least 2 weeks, since the cat one will counter fleas for her.

Have a lovely day,

Dr. B.