How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Michael Salkin Your Own Question
Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Category: Vet
Satisfied Customers: 29817
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.
55012488
Type Your Vet Question Here...
Dr. Michael Salkin is online now

My Bichon Frise has just eaten i gram of chocolate. she

Resolved Question:

my Bichon Frise has just eaten i gram of chocolate. she weighs 14lbs. Can you offer any advice?
thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Vet
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

Don't give it a second thought. A 14 lb dog would need to ingest ~14 ounces of solid milk chocolate to become intoxicated with the theobromine in chocolate which can cause vomiting, agitation, and tremors if ingested in significant amount. There's no need to induce emesis or treat in any manner. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

Dr. Michael Salkin and 2 other Vet Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you!
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

You're quite welcome. Thank you for your kind accept. I appreciate it. You may receive an inappropriate follow-up from the site ostensibly sent by me. It wasn't and I apologize in advance should you receive it.