Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297

We have a 6month old Dalmatian and she managed to get up on

We have a 6month old Dalmatian and she managed to get up on the kitchen side and eat half a corn on the cob and looking online we aren't sure whether to ring the vets or not?? Not sure if she chewed it up or not but there was a lot of corn left all over her bed.
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

This is not uncommon in young dogs and most often, the corn cob will either be digested or slid through his tract and not cause any harm. In a rare occasion, this could cause an intestinal obstruction and you would know this if sweet Dotty started vomiting and becomes lethargic. For now, I would just watch her and make sure that this comes through. At this point, there is no need to ring your vet.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.
Sincerely, ***** *****

Thank you so much for your kind rating. It is very much appreciated! Even though you have rated, we can still communicate. If you have other questions, please Reply. I am always happy to help. I am sure sweet Dotty will do great!

Have a wonderful day!