Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.
55012488

My Scottie dog has been limping on back leg for weeks given

My Scottie dog has been limping on back leg for weeks given xray nothing showed up antibiotics and foot wash its just getting worse feel it is in pain
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 11 months ago.

Angie, I'm sorry to hear of this with Molly. Can you tell me, please, why antibiotics and a foot wash were prescribed for a lame dog? Are there changes in Molly's foot skin that she may have caused by licking at biting at the foot and that prompted her vet to X-ray the foot to see if there are bony changes as well?

Thank you for your kind accept. I appreciate it. Please respond with the additional information and further questions or concerns if you wish.