Dr. Kara
Dr. Kara, Board Certified Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 20 years of experience as a veterinarian.
49838867

Kara I asked you about my 11 year old cat Fährer yes very

Hello Dr Kara I asked you about my 11 year old cat Fährer yes very sadly he has the start off kidney disease. I took for blood test and his now blind. His on heart pills. We love fella so much we got at 6wks old tiny and being eating by fleas and well grow into a lovely cat. Thank you for your helpx
Expert:  Dr. Kara replied 11 months ago.

Hello, thank you for the update on Fahrer and the pictures. He is a gorgeous fellow!

I am sorry to hear that he has kidney disease and that led to hypertension, retinal bleeding and blindness. I can see by his dilated pupils and the reddish color in his pupil the effects. Hopefully with treatment he will be more comfortable. Many indoor kitties acclimate well to loss of vision, learn to memorize their surroundings, and in some cases people that are unaware cannot tell they are blind they get around so well. I hope that is the case for him. My best to your fellow, I truly appreciate the follow-up.