Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.
55012488

For four years my dog has cataracts in both eyes I saw a

for four years my dog has cataracts in both eyes I saw a specialist first thing and he said that there was no point operating since her vision was only five per cent and would get worse he prescribed Voltaren eye drops to ease the friction caused by the cataracts Voltaren eye drops are in very short supply now in Cyprus can you please give me a alternative eye drops, I read online that Ketorolac may be an alternative is that right?
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

Yes, Dave, ketorolac opthalmic ointment (Acular, e.g.) is another nonsteroidal antiinflammatory product useful in dogs. It's primarily used to control uveitis as I suspect that the Voltaren was prescribed for. Dosing of ketorolac is usually 4 times daily to decrease inflammation. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok Thank you

You're welcome. Thank you for your kind accept. I appreciate it. You may receive an inappropriate follow-up from the site ostensibly sent by me. It wasn't and I apologize in advance should you receive it.