Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of small animal internal medicine, surgery and preventive medicine.
25161683

We gave our dog two/ three times the normal dosage of

Hi, we gave our dog two/ three times the normal dosage of propalin syrup for a couple of days. This evenings dosage was correct. Her behaviour has been normal and she is happy. Will she be ok? Thanks
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Welcome! Thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will be assisting you today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- How long has it been since the last time she got the overdose?

2- How much does she weigh?

3- How many milligrams per mls?

4- How many mls did you give?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She had 2/3 times the dose at about 10 this morning 1.5 ml, 0.5 ml at about 8 this evening. She is a big dog, we are guessing around 20-30 kg. the bottle says 40mg/ml
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Please give me a few minutes to type your answer. Thank you.

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Friend, she took a dose between 2-3mg/kg depending if it is calculated at a weight of 20-30kg, this will Not be toxic for her; she will be fine.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service - I hope I've provided the information you were seeking, if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** I should continue with the correct dosage tomorrow onwards?
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Yes, continue on the dosage as indicated by family veterinarian.

Please reply if you have additional questions.

You're welcome.

Dr. Peter