Dr. B.
Dr. B., Board Certified Veterinarian
Experience:  General practice veterinary surgeon with extensive experience in a wide range of species.
60269376

My 41k germanshepherd is on 1 16mg apoquel a day not working

My 41k germanshepherd is on 1 16mg apoquel a day not working too well should he be on 1.5 a day ?
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 11 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

In regards ***** ***** question, the maximum dose for Apoquel in a 41kg dog is 1.5 tablets of the 16mg. Therefore, you can increase this dose to see if it is more effective for Brogan. Otherwise, you may need to speak to his vet about alternatives (ie Atopica) or using this in combination with a small dose of steroids to keep him comfortable.

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Afterwards, I would be grateful if you would rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )