Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of small animal internal medicine, surgery and preventive medicine.
25161683

My 9kg dog ate a few small pieces of cooked tuna. Maybe 20g.

My 9kg dog ate a few small pieces of cooked tuna. Maybe 20g. The tuna was cooked in diced onion but he did not eat any onion. Just the tuna which would have had onion juices on it.
Should i be worried?
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 11 months ago.

Welcome! Thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will be assisting you today.

Friend, onion toxicity in dogs is very dependent on the amount of ingestion ingested. So for a 9 kg dog, he would need to ingest at least 46 grams to be concern about toxicity. If he didn't eat the onions highly unlikely for the this to be toxic, no need to be concern he will be fine.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service - I hope I've provided the information you were seeking, if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The diced onions were cooked along side the tuna in the same pan.

If he did not eat the onions it will not be toxic. Plus, he would need to eat at least 46 grams to be concern about toxicity.

Please reply if you have additional questions.