Dr Scott Nimmo
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

What should I do if I suspect my dog has eaten a glycerol

what should I do if I suspect my dog has eaten a glycerol suppository?
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome,

This is just a quick note to let you know that I have picked up your question and am working on it now.

My name is***** and I am a small animal vet with many years experience in treating cats and dogs and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. You can expect to receive a written reply sometime within the next ten minutes or so.

Regards,

Dr Scott

Hello again Ruth

I have worked out an initial reply for you below, please read it though and then feel free to ask for any clarification, I will be very glad to chat back and forth with you until you are happy with my answer.

1. Actually this is not such a serious situation, glycerol is not toxic to dogs as such but your dog may perhaps experience a mild transient bout of diarrhoea, but if this occurs it should pass on it's own. There are no special measures you need take other than just keeping an eye on your dog.

Regards,

Dr Scott

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Hello again Ruth,

Just a short note to thank you very much for the good rating, this is very much appreciated.

Please let me know how things go ...

Kindest regards,

Dr Scott